Monday, April 23, 2012

Parallel

Being in the present means to feel the surroundings.  As I began my morning ritual at 4:30 in the morning, I felt a small, cool breeze in front of me.  After ten minutes of deep breaths, I headed to the living room to chant while reading my positive affirmations.  Adding to my morning routine, I am reading Ways of the Peaceful Warrior and happened to come across how "Socrates" mentioned that being in the present was to Feel! He later on discussed how that moment was a turning point for Dan. Should I follow my inner "Socrates" fill myself with spiritual and intellitecual growth or should I continue to be asleep and fall into the void?

I can't believe how just 34 pages in and this book has resonated with me on nine occasions.  I look forward to being awake and being in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment